Senior Accountant APPLY NOW
The Senior Accountant will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage the monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statement.
The Senior Accountant will report to the CFO. The ideal candidate possesses solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
• Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
• Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
• Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades/phase-two implementation of ERP software
• Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
• Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
• Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
• Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
• Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
• Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
• Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures.
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting, required
• CPA designation a plus
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
2021-02-28|||Hollister, CA|||Accounting Department||||||.SdL~o1yTVRH0bMq|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||YEAR|||range||||||70000|||90000|||false