Inventory Manager APPLY NOW
Hollister, CA Warehouse Distribution Thu, Sep 30, 2021
Reports to: CFO
Location: Hollister, CA
Job Class Exempt, Full Time Employee
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining inventory management control processes and systems that maximize service to the customer while optimizing and monitoring inventory levels across the different product segments. The person in this position is expected to work as a liaison between Sales, Distribution, and Purchasing to ensure product stock is adequate to achieve business goals.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for inventory control activities to include inventory turns, backorder percentage, customer order lead time, on time delivery percentage, and inventory investment.
- Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to inventory control performance.
- Develop production and inventory plans to guide staffing, overtime, and potentially capacity expansion requirements.
- Compile demand planning & forecasting reports and participate in monthly Sales & Operations Planning meetings. Be able to present, discuss and align with cross functional teams.
- Build strong internal and external relationships as it relates to achieving inventory levels to meet customer demands.
- Create production schedules to ensure inventory levels are adequate to meet customer demands and to determine the optimal sequencing of production runs to improve productivity and increase yields.
- Ensure direct reports have the knowledge and skills needed to effectively do their jobs through training and development, skills analysis and setting and achieving goals.
- Coordinate with purchasing to manage material flow to ensure raw material inventory is maintained at the optimum level to support production schedules and on time customer deliveries.
- Develop and monitor order fulfillment reports and communicate to sales, customer service, production, and shipping.
- Report on slow moving and obsolete inventory. Work with a cross functional group to facilitate disposition.
Preferred Education and Experience
2021-09-30|||Hollister, CA|||Warehouse Distribution||||||wii.BTxWSuJB~rc0|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and business experience.
- 3 plus years of progressive experience in production planning & inventory management or related role with extensive experience in food manufacturing industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong data analysis and forecasting skills
- Strong MS Office skills with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and coordinate multiple group efforts within a company to achieve objectives
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
APPLICATION FORM * Required